Comprehensive process knowledge is the basis for the development of safety-integrated chemical processes and for the development of ecological integrated production processes.
We carry out the necessary studies in our laboratory and adapt the new procedures to the desired requirements.
WHAT WE DO
Changed market conditions require a high flexibility of multi-product chemistry. It is becoming increasingly important to carry out more complicate syntheses of high-quality products on a production scale. The requirements for the chemical process are influenced by various factors. In addition to traditional factors, market situation, profitability and quality, the development of a chemical process is more and more influenced by new factors such as process safety, environmental safety, quality assurance and of the approval situation.
Visualisation of the hazards of all process steps.
- Investigation of the chemical reaction step and classification into criticality classes.
- Investigation of the other process steps, such as distillation, drying and grinding processes due to thermal stability and explosion risks.
Based on the generated comprehensive process knowledge, we adapt the chemical process to the capabilities of the appropriate plant in order to achieve goals such as chemical process safety, economic efficiency, quality assurance or environmental safety.
Merging of chemical engineering knowledge, chemical process safety and the technical possibilities of the customer plant system.
Problem solving for customers is not one-way. We bundle up all activities needed for project solving in order to generate practical solutions quickly.
- Taking up the wishes and the knowledge of our customers.
- Handover of the generated solutions in such a way that our customers can carry out the new chemical processes in their plants as quickly as possible.
COMPETENCES & PRODUCTS
On the basis of our extensive measurement and testing options, our core competencies, we develop holistic solutions to problems relating to chemical processes.
Our core products are the identification of the inherent dangers of all process steps of chemical processes and the development of safe chemical processes.
Carrying out of all the necessary experiments to visualise the inherent dangers...
- of chemical processes with reaction calorimetric experiments, online analytic and thermal analysis.
- in every process steps, such as dangers of thermal decomposition, explosion, deflagration, burning and charge accumulation.
And further the ability to suit measured data to mathematical models and the determination of reaction kinetics in order to simulate chemical processes. Carrying out literature studies. Chemical synthesis experiments with automatic laboratory reactors.
Chemical process safety
Safety study of the chemical production process with all its process steps. The safety study is recorded in a detailed report, describing the measurements, the investigation results and easily comprehensible the assessment of the chemical process.
Chemical process development, depending on the task
Development of a chemical production process based on reaction path analysis, reaction path development, process development, process optimization and chemical engineering methods.
Our products are the solved problems that we received from our customers. For example:
- the assessment of the safety of a chemical process with all its stages.
- Assessment of the inherent dangers in handling of a powder or in a distillation process.
- Investigation into the causes of a reactor accident.
- Chemical process outsourcing support.
- Assessment of the transport safety of a product.
- and so on….
Instruments and equipment
In order to investigate the chemical reaction process we use METTLER reaction calorimeters (RC1) in combination with Fourier transformation infrared on-line measurements (React-IR) in the temperature range of -50 up to 250 °C and the pressure range up to 150 bar.
The thermal hazards of substances and reaction masses are assessed by microthermal analysis (DSC, TGA), macro-thermal analysis (RADEX, SEDEX and SIKAREX), adiabatic calorimetry, gas evolution, pressure development experiments and testing for explosion hazards.
For process optimisation we use automated laboratory reactors like RC1 and OPTIMAX
For Dust explosion we use Hartmann tube, MIE-measurement, MIT-measurement.